Quinoa + Black Beans = A protein-packed combo!
These yummy quinoa and black bean meatballs are game-changers! Packed with protein and fiber, they are great as a meat substitute in any dish. Even more so served with your favorite spaghetti and pasta sauce.
Quinoa often replaces rice or other carbohydrates as it is gluten-free and a complete protein - containing all nine essential amino acids the body needs for optimal functioning.
Black beans are an excellent alternative protein source for plant-based and vegan diets. They are high in fiber and contain essential minerals like iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc.
Quinoa And Black Bean Meatballs Recipe
- 1/3 Cup quinoa cooked to make 1 cup
- 1 Can black beans
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- Fresh parsley or basil
- 1/2 Cup vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the package
- Add black beans to a baking tray, spread them out, and bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, sautee diced onions for 2 -3 minutes, add garlic, and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add black beans, quinoa, and onion mix to a food processor and pulse until coarse (not too mushy).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse again to mix well.
- Roll the mixture into meatball-sized balls and add them to a hot pan with oil.
- Fry until crispy and brown.
- Serve with spaghetti, pasta, rice, or mash, and your favorite sauce.
IF YOU PREFER WATCHING A VIDEO...