CRISPY CAULIFLOWER BITES WITH HOMEMADE BUFFALO SAUCE
crispy, crunchy, crusty
These crispy cauliflower bites, will be a new crowd favorite!
crispy cauliflower bites recipe
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond meal or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika for that smoked flavor
- Dash of dried parsley
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 medium to large head of cauliflower
- 1/3 cup of franks hot sauce or barbecue sauce
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut off the greens from your cauliflower and chop the head into 2-inch bites.
- Place the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheets, ensuring that the cauliflower bites do not touch one another (to allow the best crispiness).
- Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until they crisp on the edges.
- While cauliflower is baking, blend the brown rice flour, almond flour, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and ⅔ cup of water in a blender until the batter is smooth and thick.
- Check on the cauliflower after 20 mins. They will not get crispy all over while in the oven, so remove from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes to crisp up a bit more.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve immediately (for best results, do not add sauce until ready to serve, as the sauce can cause cauliflower to lose crispiness).
- Serves 6 cup-size servings.