gluten-free and plant-based bread?? Yes!
Thanks to psyllium husk - the crucial binding agent in gluten-free bread baking
Sometimes finding a gluten-free and plant-based bread can feel like finding a needle in a haystack, quite impossible!
Skip scouting all the grocery stores or paying an unnecessary fortune, and rather make your own gluten-free, plant-based bread using psyllium husk!
Psyllium husk is the golden and crucial ingredient in gluten-free bread baking. It allows you to make gluten-free bread that almost tastes, looks, smells, and feels like "regular" bread made with wheat flour.
This recipe is all you need the next time you want to make a gluten-free bread with an added punch of fiber and other health benefits thanks to the psyllium husk used.
psyllium husk bread recipe
- 2 Tbs ground Psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup Plant-based milk
- 2 cups Oat flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Hemp seeds or seeds of choice
- 1/2 cup Apple sauce
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- Mix psyllium husk and milk and set aside for 5 minutes to form a psyllium gel.
- In a separate bowl, add oat flour, seeds, and salt.
- Add the applesauce, psyllium gel, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well until a wet dough forms and knead for a few minutes. Add more milk if needed.
- Coat a bread pan with vegan butter and place the dough inside, shaping it to make a rectangular bread shape. Or add to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.