"A type of pasta comprising a filling enveloped in thin pasta dough. Usually served in broth or with a sauce, they originated as a traditional food in Italian cuisine. Ravioli are commonly square, though other forms are also used, including circular and semi-circular."
If you've been looking to spruce up pasta night, this recipe is it! It is different, loaded with flavor, packs a protein punch, and is easy to make! Best of all, this pasta is entirely plant-based and a healthier alternative to cheese-laden pasta.
If you are a pesto lover, be warned, you will want to go for seconds or even thirds!
TOFU PESTO RAVIOLI RECIPE
- 1 block of Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Herb Tofu Seasoning
- Dumpling wrappers
- Vegan pesto (find a delicious vegan cashew pesto recipe here)
- Add drained tofu to a food processor (don’t pat dry).
- Add the Lemon Herb Seasoning.
- Pulse until it resembles course ricotta.
- Add one Tbs ricotta to each dumpling wrapper.
- Wet the dumpling edges with water and firmly press another wrapper on top to close the pocket.
- Boil ravioli pockets for 1-2 min.
- Add your vegan pesto sauce to a pan and heat it. Add the boiled ravioli and gently cover all with the pesto.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you prefer watching a video...