a healthier vegan cheese alternative
What if we told you vegan mozzarella tasted so good you wouldn’t miss the real thing?
We loved this healthy version of plant-based cheese without any starches, fillers, or oils by Nutri Riana.
The cashews ensure for a good dose of protein, nutritional yeast gives that much-desired cheese taste, and psyllium husk adds fiber and the melting “cheese pull” action to this cheese.
Homemade Plant-Based Mozzarella Recipe
- 2 1/2 Cups raw cashews
- 1/2 Cup of lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 3 Probiotic capsules
- 2 1/3 Cups water
- 3 Tbs Ground Psyllium Husk
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt or to taste
- Soak cashews overnight to plump up.
- Drain the cashews and rinse.
- In a food processor, add cashews and lemon juice and blend until a paste.
- Add probiotics, nutritional yeast, and salt and blend to mix well.
- Add to a storage container and store in a warm, dry place overnight.
- The next day, add psyllium husk and water into a bowl and mix until gelatinous. Add the psyllium husk to the cashew cheese mixture and mix well until the clumps are gone.
- Moisten your fingers and form a ball. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
- Enjoy as you wish!
Note! The probiotic capsules and psyllium husk are not optional since they are essential for flavor, fermenting, and consistency.