"It's a comfort to always find pasta in the cupboard, and garlic and parsley in the garden" - True words spoken by Alice Louis Waters, famous for creating the farm-to-table movement. Btw, thank you, Alice!
Pasta never disappoints and is such as versatile go-to dish.
Need a quick dinner? Pasta!
Need to make lunch for the kids? Pasta!
Have a large family get-together? Pasta!
And this ultra yummy, mouth-watering, creamy pasta recipe with our delicious romesco sauce is a winner!
This sauce bursts with flavor and is a fantastic accompaniment to basically anything! Toss it with pasta (like this recipe), grilled vegetables, or cooked garbanzo beans served with rice.
FETTUCINNI PASTA WITH KALE AND ROMESCO SAUCE
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes
• 2 oven-roasted red peppers
• 5 cloves of garlic
• 1 cup raw almonds
• 2 Tbs olive oil
• 1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
• Juice of 1 large lemon
• 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 cups chopped kale
• 1 Tbs olive oil
• 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1/2 tsp salt
1 box of fettuccine or pasta of choice (can be made with gluten-free pasta)
1. Roast peppers in the oven first ( set to broil. Cut peppers in 1/2 and add a little olive oil. Broil for 20 minutes, turning every 5-7 minutes. Once the skins are soft and they are a bit charred, they are ready!)
2. Cook pasta to al dente ( cook in water with a few garlic cloves and salt)
3. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and add garlic. Sauté 2 min, then add kale and pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes, then set aside.
4. In a food processor, blend all sauce ingredients, including roasted peppers. Blend until well mixed.
5. Add cooked pasta to the sauté pan with the kale and add sauce. Toss until all is mixed.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast flakes, chopped parsley, and/or extra red pepper flakes if desired. Enjoy!!
If your interested in learning more about plant-based cooking, we got the perfect cooking course for you! Filled with instructional videos, step-by-step guides. This course will cover:
- Why we believe a plant-based diet is the way to go.
- The many health benefits of eating plant-based.
- All the basics you need to know including:
- Starter and staple ingredients.
- How to read labels.
- How to replace meat and dairy to ensure you still get all vital nutrients.
- And 29 delicious plant-based recipes!
You can get it HERE