START YOUR DAY RIGHT WITH THIS SUPERCHARGED SMOOTHIE BOWL
It's got all the good stuff in!
THE GOOD STUFF
- High in calcium, manganese, and vitamin K that all help to prevent osteoporosis.
- An excellent plant-based source of iron which you need to help red blood cells bring oxygen to different areas of your body.
- Strengthens the immune system with essential vitamins like vitamin E and C.
- Contains vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin that keeps eyes healthy.
- A great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Banana & Pineapple------
- Both are rich in nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Bananas are rich in fiber to keep you full, regular, and lower your blood sugar levels.
- Bananas contain potassium and magnesium that’s vital for heart health.
- Pineapples are rich in antioxidants called flavonoids and phenolic compounds that protect the heart and fight inflammation.
- Pineapples contain bromelain, a group of digestive enzymes that may help break down protein and aid digestion.
- Seeds are a great source of fiber that is needed for a healthy gut.
- Contain healthy monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats which the body needs to protect its organs and maintain optimal brain function.
- Are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- Provide antioxidants to fight free radicals and have anti-inflammatroy properties.
- A great source of plant-based protein.
Nuts & Granola------
- Nuts are an excellent source of plant-based protein.
- Nuts provide essential healthy fats and omega-3 fats that lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Nuts lower levels of inflammation linked to heart disease.
- Granola is a great source of fiber to keep you fuller for longer.
- Granola can be nutrient dense. It is an excellent zinc, iron, magnesium, vitamin E, and vitamin B source (depending on the granola recipe). Curious if granola is good for you? Read more here to uncover the truth.
GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
- 1 Frozen banana
- Hanful of frozen pineapple cubes
- Handful of baby spinach
- 1 Tbs Hemp seeds
- 1 Tbs Chia seeds
- 1 Tbs ground Flax seed
- A dash of maple syrup
- A bit of Plant milk for blending
Blend all in a blender until smooth but still thick. Top with Country Life Natural Foods Granola, nuts, sliced banana, and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.