Vegan crepes are 100% possible and you only need five ingredients!
Serve with a mouth-watering peanut butter date caramel and you've got a super yummy sweet treat without the added guilt! Ok, maybe just a little bit of guilt ;-)
Fluffy Vegan Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose and half whole wheat flour for more fiber)
- 1 ⅛ cups plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or light olive oil or melted coconut oil)
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar (or coconut or date sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla flavor
Before you start, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and whisk to remove any big clumps.
- Add sugar, plant-based milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk vigorously until the crepe batter forms with no lumps. It is okay to have a few small lumps.
- If you prefer, use an electric beater to get a smoother batter. The batter should be slightly runnier than pancake batter.
- Warm a non-stick crepe pan or non-stick pancake griddle over medium/high heat.
- Add 1 tsp oil to the pan, then rub with a paper towel.
- Scoop 1/4–1/2 cup of batter into the pan. If you have a larger 11-inch pan, use 1/2 cup.
- Brown for 2–3 minutes on one side. You know it's ready to flip the crepe when the underside is getting crispy and unsticks by itself.
- Loosen the sides with a spatula, and then slide under the crepe to flip on the other side.
- Cook for 1 more minute on the other side, then put it on a plate and repeat this until no more batter is left.
- You will make four large 11-inch crepes with this recipe.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or this delicious peanut butter-date caramel paste below!
PEANUT BUTTER DATE CARAMEL RECIPE
- 10-12 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbs date liquid or water
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water and add to blender with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and serve with whatever you like!