Nothing is as satisfying as a hearty, warm soup on a cold winter evening. Or any time of the day, actually!
Soup is comfort, coziness, home, and all of the good feelings in a bowl. There's a reason chicken soup is offered when someone is feeling sick!
The ingredient and flavor options are endless, and it's a great way to get in some of your daily veggie requirements. Although, all the added cream may ruin your healthy intentions, so be warned ;-)
One of our favorites has to be broccoli soup. And this recipe is an absolute winner!
It packs a punch of flavor and has a great thick, creamy consistency. It is gluten-free and plant-based, but the coconut cream can easily be replaced with heavy cream.
cream of broccoli soup recipe
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bundle collard greens (about 10-12 stalks)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of McKay's chicken-style seasoning
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add in the onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add the broccoli, leeks, and vegetable broth. Bring everything to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Before taking the soup off the stove, add the coconut milk, let it warm, and then transfer everything into a food processor or a high-speed blender. Blend everything until smooth!
- Top with Italian seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil, and enjoy!