Let's face it, tortilla chips with dip, go together like peanut butter and jelly. You can't have the one without the other!
And when that dip can be a healthy version, it's even better. 'Cause when you are at a party, or watching Sunday night football, nobody got time for calorie counting!
That's why we love this healthy Plant-based spinach and artichoke dip.
It is packed with protein from using tofu, cashews, and nutritional yeast. All great sources of protien when you are on a plant-based, vegan, or vegetarian diet.
It also amps up your nutrient intake with beneficial veggies such as:
- Improving immunity
- Supporting heart health
- Stabilizing blood sugare levels
- Strengthening immune system
- Supporting eye health
- Antioxidants that fight oxidative stress
- Lowering bad cholesterol levels
- Improving liver health
- Helping digestive health
And altough it is creamy and "cheesy", we kept it plant-based by using coconut milk and nutritional yeast.
It truly is a game changer! No pun intended ;-)
Plant-Based Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup cubed tofu (organic non GMO) drained well
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated not canned)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 8 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained.
- Preheat Oven to 400
- Prior to making the recipe drain the tofu very well. It helps to place it on paper towels to absorb the moisture.
- Soak the cashews overnight in 2 cups of water.
- Place all ingredients except spinach, artichoke, and onions into a high-powered blender such as a vita-mix. Mix very well. It will be a thick liquid.
- In a skillet, place a tiny bit of oil or vegan butter and add the onions. Sauté till translucent. Slowly add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Fold the liquid, sautéed spinach, and artichokes together, pour, and spread evenly onto a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until warmed all the way through and browned at the top. Serve with pita chips or bread.