E-Z GEL INSTANT THICKENER
What is E-Z Gel?
E-Z Gel is made from a specific variety of non-GMO corn with unique thickening abilities. Unlike traditional thickeners like flour or cornstarch, E-Z gel does not have to be heated first to activate its thickening abilities. It can be used in cooked and raw/ uncooked recipes.
Products made with E-Z Gel can be refrigerated, canned, or frozen without weeping, thinning, or breaking down, so no more food wastage. Yeah!
How to use E-Z Gel
You can add it directly to any liquid – hot or cold- and it will instantly thicken to your desired thickness. It whisks into food without lumping and adds no flavor of its own.
Simply sprinkle E-Z Gel® into the hot (not boiling) or cold liquid and stir with a wire whisk for instant thickening.
What is E-Z Gel good for?
- Use E-Z Gel to thicken soups, sauces, and stews.
- E-Z Gel adds moisture to baked goods, keeping it soft and fluffy.
- Stabilize whipping cream or tighten up a runny pudding or custard.
- It helps fruit fillings hold their shape.
- Use it for canning to get optimal results.
- Add thickness to salad dressings and dips.
THICK GEL ALL-PURPOSE THICKENER
What is Thick Gel?
Thick Gel is made from waxy maize, a gluten-free, non-GMO corn that replaces regular cornstarch, flour, tapioca, or arrowroot for all cooked thickening applications.
Products made with Thick Gel can be refrigerated, canned, or frozen without weeping, thinning, or breaking down, so no more food waste.
How to use Thick Gel
Like cornstarch or flour, Thick Gel must be mixed with water or other dry ingredients before being added to a hot mixture, and will start to thicken once it heats up. Combine the mixture with the final product and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
Use the following replacement ratios:
1 T. corn starch = 1 T. arrowroot = 1 T. Thick Gel
2 T. flour = 1 T. Thick Gel or 1½ T. E-Z Gel®
What is Thick Gel Good For?
- Use to thicken soup, sauces, and stews
- Thick Gel is excellent for thickening and firming warm, cooked desserts
- Thick Gel can also be used for canning pie fillings, salsas, sauces, and jams.
- Replace flour when making a roux.